Tuesday 31 July 2007

Redundant!

I just (officially) found out today that I will be out of a job by December/January :(

The Executives have decided to close the mining operations at about Christmas time which there will no doubt be big party Christmas/shutdown party.

What's interesting to note is that Exploration will continue and the Mill will stay where it is for now (or until exploration can find more ore) :P

I will be sad to leave this Job because of the awesome ongoing experiences and people that I've met but, hopefully I can find a new IT related job within the mining industry by then.

At least I will have plenty of time to do it with a retention bonus and almost a years worth of holiday pay, so not to worry (financially that is)!


Current Mood: Sad

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear it, mate, but on the up side, at least you have that experience to move to another more betterer job