Thursday 13 August 2009

playing the waiting game

I'm still unemployed and now running low on cash.

This is partly due to the so-called Global Financial Crisis.

I have been going nuts applying for not only Network Engineer (preferred) roles, but also Network Administrator and even hell-desk roles (as well as allowing for a pay decrease), but still nothing has stuck.

I am starting to get interviews with the employers, which means that I am getting short-listed, but haven't managed to gain employment yet.

The main things that are really staring to annoy me (which are also related to one another):

  1. Employers and agencies not return phone calls.
  2. Employers and agencies not following up on applications and
  3. Employers and agencies not identifying key points to unsuccessful applications/interviews.

I'm also having difficulty trying to get a random (non-IT) job ffs!


Current Mood: Frustrated

No comments: